Friday, September 18, 2009

nomnom couscous.

It is such a wonderfully beautiful day outside that I decided to make something colorful for lunch! With a handful of farmer's market vegetables and feta cheese, you get a delicious vegetarian dish (this is for you Krista!). 

nomnom couscoous:
serving size (4-6ish as a side or 2 for a meal)

2 green onions chopped
1/2 small red onion chopped
1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
1 tomato chopped
1cup cous cous
2 cups of chicken broth/bouillon
handful of crumbled feta cheese

Boil around 2 cups of chicken broth or you can use the 1 cube of the Knorr Chicken Bouillon (what I use!).
When it is hot, add a cup of cous cous, turn off the heat and cover. Wait around 5 min or until all the liquid is soaked up. (If it is still liquidy, you can add more couscous). Use a fork to fluff the couscous. Add all your chopped veggies and feta, mix and enjoy!  (I don't add any salt or pepper because the bouillon that I use already is seasoned.)

Note: I imagine chopped cilantro probably tastes pretty good in it too! (I didn't have any on me.)

I think I will eat the whole bowl myself.


2 comments:

  1. NomNom! Veggie broth instead of chicken for me! I made pizza tonight and banana bread with cinnamon and macadamia nuts.

    ReplyDelete